Paragon F-120 Lamp Working Kiln
- Free Shipping
- Kiln Shipping
|At no extra charge you can order your new kiln in one of the custom colors below instead of the standard blue or black! |
Please note: colors may vary slightly.
Paragon F-120 Lamp Working Kiln
Anneal large glass figurines in the digital F-120 lamp working kiln. Raise the spring-loaded vertical-drop door to insert a glass figurine with a punty rod. Lower the door. The punty rod extends outside the firing chamber through the smaller 2” x 8” punty rod door. This allows the glass to anneal safely.
You can make figurines up to 5” tall in the F-120. Maintain the annealing temperature indefinitely with the Sentry Xpress 3-key controller.
Ease of operation will delight you. Never before has lamp work been so easy in this price range. Imagine the massive, award-winning figurines you will make with this kiln.
New conversion stand included with the F-120
The F-120 comes with a heavy-duty Conversion Stand. The Conversion Stand adds a mandrel holder (also called a point rest) to your F-120. Simply place the kiln on top of the Conversion Stand. Then adjust the mandrel holder vertically and horizontally. The holder slides inside steel tubes. The stainless steel mandrel rest includes 7 slots.
Features of the Sentry Xpress digital controller
The Sentry Xpress 3-key controller is packed with features. It includes two modes: Single Speed and 8-segment Ramp-Hold.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in the simplified Single Speed mode.
- Design programs with up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Ramp-Hold mode can store 4 programs.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold.
- Add Hold Time during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Check the program you are about to fire with Program Review.
- Program the Temperature Alarm to sound when the kiln reaches a specific temperature. Use this to remind yourself to check on the kiln.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln later to suit your schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, stuck relay or broken element.
- 12 Month Warranty
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual. Download it from the “Additional Information” section below to review these features in more detail.
Pinless element grooves
The F-120 elements are mounted in pinless grooves in the 3” thick firebrick roof. The element coils are wider than the groove opening, so the elements stay in place without pins. With the element in the top, you can also fuse and slump glass.
Imagine the glass you could sag, slump, and fuse with this kiln. Make small pendants, earrings, cufflinks, and even bracelets. Enjoy the glittering beauty of dichroics.
Basic kiln features
- Conversion Stand included with the F-120.
- On/off switch
- Safety pilot light
- Electrical components stay cool in a slotted base.
- Precisely balanced spring-loaded vertical-drop door
- Thermocouple with high-nickel stainless steel sheath for long life
- Rare earth magnets hold the 2” x 8” punty rod door open or closed.
- Stainless steel sheet metal screws
- Optional mercury relay available
- TUV tested to UL and CSA standards.
- Made in the USA
- Pinless element grooves
- 3” thick insulating refractory firebricks in the roof; 2 1/2” thick firebrick walls and bottom
Optional deluxe mercury relay
You can order the optional deluxe mercury relay, which controls the cycling of the heating elements. The relay is industrial grade and heavy-duty for extra long life. Glass artists cherish the dependability of the mercury relay.
Made in America
The kiln is made at the Paragon factory in Mesquite, Texas, which is about 20 minutes east of Dallas. Our kilns are not merely assembled—they are hand crafted by skilled workers. Fifty-one percent of them have been with Paragon for over a decade. Even the instruction manuals are printed by offset at our Mesquite, Texas factory.
Tested by TUV
And for your safety, the F-120 is tested by TUV, Germany’s leading testing lab, to meet UL and CSA standards.
Included with your kiln is a 16-page controller instruction manual and a quick start programming guide, all written in plain English and fully illustrated.
Paragon customer service
At Paragon, every phone call received during business hours is answered by a customer service professional who will direct your call to the appropriate person. We are open from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Central Standard Time, Monday through Thursday. Our expanded hours allow us to serve customers in differing time zones. Call us—we look forward to hearing from you.
Optional colors at no extra charge
Brighten your studio with color! Order your kiln in one of our standard colors at no extra charge . . . berry, black, blue, hot pink, jade, navy, purple, or turquoise. Scroll down to see color samples in the options section.
Paragon’s warranty is not affected by frequency of use. Fire your new kiln every day if you want, even in commercial settings. That will have no effect on the warranty period.
|Max. Temperature||1700° F |
|Amperage 120 Volts||14|
|For electrical specifications other than 240 Volt, Single Phase please visit www.paragonweb.com|
|Receptacle Type||NEMA 6-15R|
|Circuit Copper Wire Size||12 Gauge|
|TUV Tested to CSA and UL Standard 499||Yes|
|Important: Some areas such as Canada and Europe require a lid or door safety switch on kilns. If you would like more information please contact us.|
|Control Type||Sentry Xpress 4.0 Digital 3 Key|
|Kiln Type||Front Loading Square|
|Chamber Volume (Cubic Feet)||.48|
|Chamber Size (Length x Width x Depth in inches)|| |
10.75W x 7H x 11D
|The Outer Size of the Kiln and the Shipping Size: Width = Left to Right; Depth = Front to Back; Height = Top to Bottom||20.5W x 23D x 20Hpinkwhistlesocietyhes |
|Ship Size||28.5W x 28.5D x 27Hpinkwhistlesocietyhes|
|Ship Weight||125 lbs.|
|Ship Method & Notes||This Kiln Ships Via Truck.|
Options and Accessories
Recommended furniture kit for the Paragon F-120, F-130, and equivalent sized kilns.pinkwhistlesocietyluded:
1 – C-10S Shelf (10” square x 1/2”)
4 – 1/2” long, 1” wide Square Posts
1 lb. Bag Glass Separator
Shipping Weight: 12.00 Lbs. ( 5.44 Kg.)
The shelf protects the bottom of the kiln. Coat the shelf with glass separator to prevent the glass from sticking to the shelf. Place short posts between the shelf and the kiln bottom to circulate heat around the shelf.
Paragon’s durable cordierite shelves resist warpage and thermal shock. They are volume-stable. (Note: The photo shows a general assortment of furniture rather than the exact contents of this shelf kit.)
Lid or Door Safety Switch
The optional lid or door safety switch turns off power to the heating elements when the lid is raised or door is opened. The controller remains powered. The switch turns the power to the elements back on when the lid is closed. The switch mounts to the back of the lid or front of the door. IMPORTANT: The lid or door safety switch is required in some areas such as Canada and Europe. Mercury Relay Upgrade TF-26
Order your new kiln with the factory installed mercury relay upgrade. The mercury relay is quiet and reliable. The life of a mercury relay has been measured in millions of on/off cycles. Mercury relays outlast the standard mechanical relays and are available as an option on new kilns.
This item qualifies for our free shipping program!
To make sure your order ships free please follow these simple steps.
Want to have your order shipped?
1. Select "Free Shipping" on the shipping method page.
2. That's it!
Want to pickup your order?
If your order qualifies for free shipping but you would rather pick it up in our SAINT-MALO retail store you are welcome to. Just follow these steps.
1. Select "Pick up" on the shipping method page.
2. When your order is ready to pickup we will email or text you.
3. That's it!
Important Information about free shipping
If you are located within our local delivery area (125 miles from our location) we will most likely delivery your order using one of our two delivery trucks. We will contact you to schedule a delivery time.
Kiln Shipping Information
The most important thing to remember is that almost all kilns ship for FREE to the contiguous France. If you need a kiln shipped outside of the lower 48 please contact us by phone at (+33)02.69.07.38.46 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a freight quote.
You probably realize that kilns can be very heavy and you may be nervous about ordering one online and having it shipped, but we will help you make the process smooth and easy.
Most kilns ship on a truck rather than by UPS, but don't worry, because just like a UPS shipment we handle all the paperwork and logistics.
Receiving a Kiln
Kilns are shipped on wooden pallets or crated in wooden boxes and delivery by a trucking company does not include unpacking the kiln, moving it into your building or hauling away any packing materials. If your kiln is being delivered to a residential location or a location without a loading dock we will request a lift gate so the kiln can be removed from the truck and placed on level ground. When the truck arrives the driver will unload the kiln and move it on the pallet or crate to a location near the truck. Most drivers are accommodating and will place the kiln in a reasonable location at your request BUT trucking companies are only required to unload the kiln from their truck so you should have a plan in place to move it to the final location. All kilns come with instructions on how to unpack and move your new kiln. For residential deliveries freight companies will schedule a delivery window with you in advance so you can be prepared to move your kiln to the final location.
Kiln Inspection and Damage
- It is YOUR responsibility to inspect merchandise prior to the delivery agent's departure. Inspecting your shipment includes checking for missing items as well as looking for damage to the items and the packaging. We have a signed BOL (Bill of Lading) stating that the shipment left our warehouse complete and in good condition so it is critical you inspect BEFORE signing for receipt. If you sign the receipt without a note indicating damage and/or missing items it is VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE for us to file a claim on your behalf.
- If the merchandise OR packaging appears to be damaged in any way, please note the damage on the freight bill and retain a copy (a photo of the paperwork is fine). This will aid in the return/replacement process. In the case of damage you may refuse the delivery. If you do this you must contact us immediately so we can work with the carrier to resolve the issue.
- If damage is discovered after the driver has left, contact us IMMEDIATELY. If you do not contact us within 5 days damage claims CANNOT be made with the carrier and you will be responsible for repair costs. As long as damage is reported to us within 5 days we can file a claim to get it repaired. For this reason it is critical you open and inspect all freight deliveries before the window closes.
When you buy a kiln from pinkwhistlesociety and you live within 150 miles of our location in SAINT-MALO or staff typically delivers your kiln on one of our delivery trucks. Our staff will unpack your kiln and set it up in your building. We are not licensed electricians so we cannot do any electrical work on your home or businesses electrical system to install a kiln. Consult a qualified electrician to have a circuit run or check your existing configuration. We will also haul away all trash and packaging at your request. Cardboard and packaging are recycled if at all possible.